Allthough small business owners stress over many things, overall they have a positive outlook going into 2012. This survey sums up some major points from small business owners including:
- 47% of small business owners say the hardest thing about owning a small business in 2011 is a decline in customer base
- Sleep is lost at night, 35% cite stress about growing their business, and 25% about paying bills
- While there was a 3% rise in business owners who said they’ve gotten away from the reason they started the business in the first place.
Looking forward to 2012, the survey shows that small business owners are very optimistic about their business growth:
- 69% expect their business to grown in the next 12 months, despite the economy
- Expand the market to attract new customers is the #1 business resolution at 57% while
- 53% plan to focus on retaining and growing current customers.
Take a look at this infographic with the complete results from the survey: