“I never knew that place existed.” How many times have you said this about a business that blended in like a wall flower but had been around for years? How many times do you think others say the same about your business? Sometimes all it takes to catch the eye of prospective customers is a clever window graphic placed in a strategic location. Not only are window decals or a decorative window film great for retailers, they help offices stand out from the competition as well.
Benefits of Window Graphics
- Instant, inexpensive advertising: With window decals, you can tell prospective customers on the street exactly who you are and what you do. With this information, word-of-mouth advertising about your company will grow within your neighborhood and spread.
- Build your brand:To grow a business, you have to build a brand. A plain window doesn’t say much to a person passing by, except for the hours of operation and forms of payment that you accept. A smart window decal, however, turns heads and builds invaluable brand recognition.
- Promote specials:You can only do so much advertising in newspapers, through social networking sites and on other forms of media. Give your marketing efforts an extra boost with a window graphic that makes the public curious about what you offer, the latest deals and your services.
- Enhance privacy:There are some instances when people passing by don’t need to see everything that goes on inside your business, like when you’re talking to a new client. Other times, there are simply too many distractions outside. A decorative window film quickly solves these problems and gives the privacy that your clients seek.
- Offer a better view: Things like a brick wall, back alley or the dumpsters aren’t the ideal view for an office. Instead of covering the sight with clunky blinds, consider installing a window graphic instead. Use the graphic to thank your customers for their business, build your brand or offer helpful information.
- Provide direction:When people pull instead of push, get confused about parking or don’t know which door to use, let a window decal give the message. The last thing you want to do is frustrate a customer before she even walks through the door.
- Attractively shield the sun:Despite the view that you may have out of the window, a blinding sun is a turnoff to customers and reduces worker productivity. Instead, use the sun to your advantage. Use a decal to shield eyes from the sun’s bright rays while making the colors on your window graphic pop.
- Save on city permits:When you want to put up a sign, sandwich board or banner, most cities limit their sizes and/or require the purchase of a permit. If you don’t follow the rules regarding store- or business-front signage, you could receive a fine. Windows, on the other hand, are generally fair game. Use window decals instead of signs and banners to save time and money.
- Placement variety:The windows on your business aren’t the only areas where you can use decals. Place a decal on company cars to build brand awareness in your area. Put one on your own car to let the community and your neighbors know that your company exists. Place small decals on mirrors of your business’ restrooms to share simple information, like the company’s Web address.
Some of the best ways to maximize your message are the simplest. Window graphics have evolved from paint that you need to scrape off with a putty knife to sleek, attractive decals that are visually appealing. Your local sign shop can tell you about the options available and give you guidance about what works and looks the best for your needs.
This post was contributed by Nancy Browning, owner of S2 Imaging, a premier sign company located in Portland Oregon. S2 Imaging’s mission is to deliver the right solution for our customer’s exhibit or signage needs. Image courtesy nateOne